SmartCo is one of the market’s fastest growing technology consultancies.
We work with major international businesses and public sector organisations, delivering high profile IT transformation programmes, supporting our clients achieve their business goals.
We’re proud to have built a diverse collection of exceptional people, who consistently and expertly deliver transformative technology projects to our many clients. We’re growing rapidly (150% increase in the last 2 years) and have ambitious plans to continue this trajectory.
We offer a highly flexible, openminded and respectful place to work, full of learning and development opportunities and the support to help you achieve your best.
With new leadership hires about to start, an exciting re-brand and new website being launched, plus a host of new client engagements, there really is no better time to join us!
Overview of the role
The Community & Compliance Manager will be expected to work as part of the SmartCo Resource Project Team where they will own and mature the administration, compliance and assurance of all project and associate placements. This role is an integral part of the support function we provide to our community of associates. The ideal candidate will have previous relevant experience of business support and administration gained within a similar business. In addition to the skills and understanding of business process and administration, they should also have excellent interpersonal skills to communicate across the business and with clients and associates. The Community & Compliance Manager is expected to develop a set of skills, competencies and knowledge to operate effectively within their role.
- Setting up Supplier and Sub contractors; adding new associates to the internal ATS. Formatting CVs, and ensuring all associate details are up-to-date
- Ensuring all new joiners are compliant, with the relevant right to work checks and paperwork carried out and verified
- IR35 Process – responsible for applying the businesses IR35 process for tracking service types and initiating IR35 assessments, ensuring that the process is followed and any delays or issues are escalated in a timely fashion. Setting up IR35 assessments, documenting results, and ensuring evidence is saved as well as keeping reports up to date.
- Producing contracts – creating contracts and extension letters for associates and following through with placement set up in an accurate manner and meeting SLAs
- Time and Expense Management – processing timecards and inputting time onto the system where necessary; dealing with complaints and queries and resolving issues with the accounts team
- Assisting on the on-line timesheet portal, sending user details and user guides as needed
- Invoicing and credit control support to the accounts team. Providing debt management support
- Managing Contract end – writing and sending termination letters when contracts end
- Administration of Project and Placement close – ensuring that the process to close projects and placements is followed for a clean system close
- Providing professional first line and ongoing support to all new starters
- Attending regular networking events
- Assurance and integrity of the processes and systems
- General Housekeeping tasks to ensure billing and invoicing continue to run smoothly
- Maintaining client and contract filing systems on SharePoint
- Ad hoc administrative duties and support to the business as required
- Supporting internal initiatives as required
Skills & Characteristics
- The ability to prioritise incoming tasks and carry them out in a timely manner
- Strong organisational and administration skills with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner with good customer facing skills
- Flexible attitude with the ability to work under pressure
- Experience of working with a CRM or ATS
- Knowledge of recruitment administration and IR35
- An understanding of billing and invoicing
- Practical, good common sense with the ability to be proactive, use initiative and multitask
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrable experience of working in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Proven ability to build strong relationships
- A team player with a commitment to personal and professional development
- High levels of honesty and integrity
- Good understanding of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Demonstrable experience in a fast-paced customer service environment would be highly beneficial as would administration experience in a Professional Services environment, including reporting functionality and dashboard creation, all aspects of data manipulation in financial management tools
- Full Time or Part Time flexible working
- Remote role with access to the London office: 10 York Road, London SE1 7ND
- Competitive basic & bonus scheme, unlimited holidays, healthcare, personal development with investment in recognised training such as AWS/GCP/ Azure and consulting
Company Culture & Benefits
We strongly believe that we can achieve more through teamwork and respect for our colleagues. We look for positive people to join our team, who are ambitious and who want to progress while working with integrity. We understand the importance of employee wellbeing, promoting a positive life balance and offering employee benefits which support this ethos.
We are an Equal Opportunities organisation and conduct all recruitment and selection in line with The Equality Act (2010), with reference to the protected characteristics outlined within. We are inclusive and respectful, and we will continue to build the SmartCo team based on these values.