Senior Pre-Sales Solution Architect
SmartCo is one of the market’s fastest growing technology consultancies.
We work with major international businesses and public sector organisations, delivering high profile IT transformation programmes, supporting our clients achieve their business goals.
We’re proud to have built a diverse collection of exceptional people, who consistently and expertly deliver transformative technology projects to our many clients. We’re growing rapidly (150% increase in the last 2 years), to a £20 million p/a boutique consulting business and have highly ambitious plans to continue this trajectory.
We offer a highly flexible, openminded and respectful place to work, full of learning and development opportunities and the support to help you achieve your best.
With new leadership hires about to start, an exciting re-brand and new website being launched, plus a host of new client engagements, there really is no better time to join us!
We are looking to hire a Senior Pre-sales Solution Architect to support both our sales and delivery activity within our high-profile client base. We are expanding quickly and hence, looking for talented, client facing technologists to join us on our journey. The role will be working directly with our CTO.
- Support in developing the cloud portfolio and go to market propositions, defining repeatable advisory solutions
- Engaging with technology partners to further strengthen our proposition strategy and develop the tooling into the SmartCo roadmap
- Engaging with customers to understand their business requirements and priorities
- Working alongside our sales and client engagement teams to present technical design solutions
- Establishing how best our cloud transformation services can solve our clients business problems
- Lead cloud-based solution designs of high complexity with responsibility for the technical integrity and costs of the solution
- Acting as a bridge between the customer’s vision and our cloud architects and engineering teams
- Drafting the technical aspects of all client bids, proposals and frameworks
- Accountability for ensuring solution design is aligned to enterprise architecture standards and principles
- Supporting SmartCo clients in the definition of cloud strategy, roadmap, and business cases
- Being a leader in innovation across all SmartCo clients
- Owning the technical engagement: you are ultimately responsible for defining the skill requirements and identifying suitable resources for projects
- Understand and embrace the disruptive nature of cloud and digital and turn that into a compelling solution for a specific customer or set of customers
- A deep understanding of cloud migration methodologies and cloud adoption frameworks (CAF) aligning to the ‘6R’s’
- Experience in developing cloud-based business solutions to large enterprise customers on either Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud and/or multi-cloud solutions
- Understand what Legacy IT systems look like and how to transform to the appropriate digital cloud based solution and platform
- Detailed understanding of Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Services, Infrastructure as Code, Distributed Systems and “Modern Apps”
- Knowledge of cloud onboarding Methodologies, Toolsets and Blueprinting, and Cloud assessment methodologies
- Able to develop compelling solutions which integrate multiple cloud platforms and cloud with traditionally developed IT
- Ability to explore the “art of the possible” and communicate the benefits and risks from multiple options and do this in both non-technical and technical language
- Experienced in Cloud architecture and experience of having built Cloud solutions in the past
- Proven ability to work closely with multi-disciplined teams of product owners, architects, consultants and engineers
- A proven track record defining target architectures and defining development plans / roadmap
- Able to drive the application design conversation, confident in designing, planning and estimating the work that needs to be done
- Some experience or exposure working with sales teams to position solution propositions to customers
- A team player with a commitment to personal and professional development
- High levels of honesty and integrity
- Azure, AWS or GCP professional accreditation and certification
- Full Time
- Remote role with access to the London office: 10 York Road, London SE1 7ND
- Competitive basic & bonus scheme, unlimited holidays, healthcare, personal development with investment in recognised training such as AWS/GCP/ Azure and consulting
We strongly believe that we can achieve more through teamwork and respect for our colleagues. We look for positive people to join our team, who are ambitious and who want to progress while working with integrity. We understand the importance of employee wellbeing, promoting a positive life balance and offering employee benefits which support this ethos.
We are an Equal Opportunities organisation and conduct all recruitment and selection in line with The Equality Act (2010), with reference to the protected characteristics outlined within. We are inclusive and respectful, and we will continue to build the SmartCo team based on these values.